Tank Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I just recently picked up an ADF from my lfs and it seems like he might be lonely because he kind of just loafs around the bottom and middle of the tank i was wondering what other fully aquatic amphibians there are that may go well with my new adf and my other fish in my 10 gallon moderately planted tank. Thank you:cool::fish2:

Have you researched their normal behavior? Does it seem healthy? Eating well? I don't know a lot about these frogs, but I doubt that they get lonely per se. But i just read on another thread they like to be kept in pairs. You could probably add one or two peaceful fish that wouldn't fit in the frogs' mouth. You're kinda limited in a ten gallon though.

Have you researched their normal behavior? Does it seem healthy? Eating well? I don't know a lot about these frogs, but I doubt that they get lonely per se. But i just read on another thread they like to be kept in pairs. You could probably add one or two peaceful fish that wouldn't fit in the frogs' mouth. You're kinda limited in a ten gallon though.

@Hholly he is eating normally and is acting with normal behavior but he hides a lot during the day until feeding time and then swims for a little then crawls or skims the bottom with my clown loach but I'll look into another ADF.

Hi. They definitely more social when in pairs plus. I have 7 and they are extremely active and out of hiding most of the time. I'd suggest 2 females 1 male if you have the space

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. They definitely more social when in pairs plus. I have 7 and they are extremely active and out of hiding most of the time. I'd suggest 2 females 1 male if you have the space

fishywishywowoo Is a 10 gallon tank big enough to house at least 2-4 of the adfs? And what kind of substrate would be best for these adorable creatures?

They like to be in groups that might be the issue

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'd say 3 in a 10g would be fine. They don't get very big. Mine love the sand. Gravel needs to be smooth as their skin very delicate. Also if you have large rocks then Bury the edges as they can trap their legs underneath. Real plants best but if have fake use silk as plastic can cut them.

@fishywishywowoo i have a mixture of sand and gravel and i also have an Amazon sword, Java fern, and a half log with some plants growing off it

They would be very happy with that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

@fishywishywowoo will they swallow the gravel? will they get along with a black ghost knife fish?

They are very placid so will get along with anything. Main concern is aggression from the other fish. They shouldn't swallow the gravel if not too fine but I would try to keep feeding to the sand. They have poor eye sight and find food by smell. They will put things in their mouth and do it out if not food.

Back
Top Bottom