Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sister's RES went from approx half dollar size to dinner plate size in under 2 years, and I wouldn't put it past her/him to try and take a bite out of any fish it could at that size. So just keep an eye.

I will, the turtle was a rescue from a family that had it in one of those tiny plastic, insect tanks, with like a half inch of water and some gravel. His growth may have been severely stunted from his conditions. I've had him about 5-6 months now and he has grown considerably but is still only about 4-5" most of my fish are at least 5" now with the exception of the fry. He really enjoys his 125g mansion compared to the soggy cardboard box of a house he had. I keep a close eye on him because I do worry sometimes, but I have backup tanks if need be.

My RES hasn't even shown any interest in the fish around her. I did have 2 koi in the tank (yes, I was very stupid, at the time), but they are such gorgeous fish and I figured I would have the pond done before they got so big. Our turtle, Algernon (even tho a girl), would go and hang near the fish. After I found the koi a new home, she was sad and I think missed them. We have a pleco, but they are as exciting as a pet rock. I am hoping to add a rainbow shark to the mix sometime. My husband told me that I should advertise to grow fish, seems every one I have had in my tank has grown larger, quicker and has more personality. I can't get too attached to the fish, but my turtle is here to stay!!

Back
Top Bottom