Tiger Salamander Set-up Questons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wy Renegade

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody ever designed anything for keeping Tiger Salamanders long term? I have a couple and for the last couple years, I've been keeping them in a DIY tank built out of an old motor home bathtub. However, I'd like to do something more natural looking at this point. Any thoughts, suggestions, pointers, links, etc. appreciated.

Thanks, but its very large and not really very pretty. I'd like to free up the space.

Use a fish tank... U cover the bottom with moss and have a water bowl.. I built a waterfall into mine....

image-3975692706.jpg

Help any??

Tiger salamanders are terrestrial so you will want to mist the tank rather than having your ordinary land meets water terrarium.

Tiger salamanders are terrestrial so you will want to mist the tank rather than having your ordinary land meets water terrarium.

Thanks. I originally started this tank for them;
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f72/wy-renegades-tiger-salamander-paludarium-192117.html

It combines both the land meets water (i.e. a paludarium) as well as the mist system. However after doing some additional research, I've decided to place chorus frogs in this tank and I'll be building a 40gal paludarium in a turtle tank this coming fall, that will be primarily terrestrial for the salamanders, but also have a water area for crayfish. Since both species pretty much require their own tank, and the salamanders are terrestrial, while the crayfish are aquatic I figure it should be a pretty good combination. Sealing the turtle tank for the crayfish will be the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom