Toad habitat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently found a toad that had ants all over it, although he was still alive and kicking. I washed all the ants of and he seems to be doing but for now I'm going to heal him up. I need a toad habitat. I'm not too worried about price but just under $100 would be best. Also what should I feed him?

For size he's smaller than the tip of my finger. Does anyone have suggestions on anything w him, anything will be helpful.

Thanks x:)

Do you know what kind of toad it is ?

I've used large plastic shoebox. Drill holes in top.

Organic Potting soil ( not mix).
Shallow water dish with dechlorinated water.

Coconut shell or 1/2 round wooden hide. Or even a plastic clean tub upside down with hole to hide in.

Toads have rough skin.
Frogs have smooth skin.

Mist the enclosure with dechlorinated water as needed. Humid, but dry out in between.

Do you know what kind of toad it is ?

I've used large plastic shoebox. Drill holes in top.

Organic Potting soil ( not mix).
Shallow water dish with dechlorinated water.

Coconut shell or 1/2 round wooden hide. Or even a plastic clean tub upside down with hole to hide in.

Toads have rough skin.
Frogs have smooth skin.

Mist the enclosure with dechlorinated water as needed. Humid, but dry out in between.

I don't know what type. But thank for everything. This really helps, do you know where I could get some of the dust thingies

I don't know what type. But thank for everything. This really helps, do you know where I could get some of the dust thingies

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Frogs-Amphibians/American-Toad-Feeding-And-Care/

https://m.petco.com/content/petco/P...ervices/resource-center/caresheets/toads.html

HERPTIVITE Multivitamin for reptile...p/B00076HT3S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DfslzbZGX2PMH

Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free C...p/B00BS96G1E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Mmslzb4JF3X71

There are other brands. I would only use Calcium 2-3x a week, same with Multivitamin.

They need it, but not every feeding.

This is the brand I used.

Does he sing at all for you? That's my favorite part of keeping frogs, wondering if toads do it as well

Does he sing at all for you? That's my favorite part of keeping frogs, wondering if toads do it as well

At five in the morning he chirps for around 5 minutes. It's the cutest sound

Back
Top Bottom