Why are my plants dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a vivarium with 2 luekamela poison dart frogs, within the last few days my plant has wilted and turned yellow....help?

Maybe its the poison is it even legal to own them you could get very ill or even die by getting their slime coat on you. Even cleaning could be dangerous

Yes it is perfectly legal to own them. And yes the slime coat is poisonous on PDF wild. Raised in captivity the are harmless and very cool pets. The poison comes from their diet. In the wild they eat spiders, ants, and other poisonous insects. In captivity we feed them wingless fruit flies that contain no Vernon whatsoever.

Nobody answered the plant question. First, what plant are we taking about? Then, what is the temperature, where are the roots and are they waterlogged and is the water hard or soft ? Last but not least, these frogs are never not dangerous no matter what they eat. Less perhaps but I would never advocate putting unwashed hands near mouth or eyes etc.

Man, with all due respect, if u were right, I, may wife, my daughter, and the amphibian curator at the Audubon zoo would be dead or really sick.

Back
Top Bottom