Why did my adf die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beandoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my adfs for about 3 months now. Just a few minutes ago I noticed that he died and snails are crawling all over him. Why did he die?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448720330.254421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope... I'm thinking it could be that or under feeding because I just got back from vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Typically going without food for up to 2 weeks is fine. I would test your water. Do you have a test kit?

A test kit is one of the most important pieces of fishkeeping equipment, especially for diagnosing a problem. I would pick up an API freshwater master test kit.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have other stock in the tank I would do an immediate partial water change also. Make sure to add conditioner [emoji6]

Testing will give you and us an idea of what's up with your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get a test kit as soon as possible and as soon as I took him out of the the tank I did a 90% water change. I'm actually thinking about doing a restart or the nitrogen cycle in there. But, I'm not sure what I would do with the other frog.

No need to tear down yet. Just need stable parameters.

What size tank ?
What maintenance schedule ?
What temp ?

And take your water to LFS to be tested if you need to.
Take a sample of untreated tap water also. So you can double check results you get at home.

API freshwater Master Test Kit is what most use.
http://www.amazon.com/API-Freshwater-Master-Test-Kit/dp/B000255NCI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TANK SIZE: 10 gal
MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE: 50% once a week
TEMP: 80 F

I will probably get a Test Kit and possibly later today I will go to the LFS.

I have ordered a test kit on Amazon it will be here tomorrow and I will immediately announce the water parameters.

I had 2 DF die on me.
They are sensitive little animals. From reading there are some sicknesses and fungal infections that they are prone to killing a lot of then in the trade off (chytrid being one, which I think killed my 2nd guy).
Aquatic Dwarf Frog Diseases | Animals - mom.me

She wants another frog but I think Ive opted away from aquatic ones and will look into a nice terrarium with some dart /tree frogs instead.

Back
Top Bottom