Worm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed this sticking out of my turtle. Sorry for the pics but she won't be still. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411410709.047830.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411410730.801897.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This is disgusting but I pulled it out. It is completely motionless and looks like a white blade of grass. Only thing is that she's not had access to grass or any other plants. Here's a close up.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411413801.711688.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Never seen "that" from "there" on a turtle. Do see it on my male GSD's mouth all the time as he loves to chew it. My female could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Lol mine eats grass too, then he pukes. Pretty odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol mine eats grass too, then he pukes. Pretty odd.

The other town males I had always did. This one doesn't for some reason. My female will if she eats it. I know my male is an American breed but I swear sometimes he's from space. My females a Czech and not half as much of a dingbat. But both are smart as a cookie when they "want" ?? to be.

Haha funny. My guy is a very large long coat. He's full but not papered. We've been inseparable for 14 years and he's the love of my life. All his life he's had very sound hips, but old age is taking its toll and he can barely make his rounds along the property line now. It's heartbreaking. The breeder called them Alsatian shepherds. I think that's basically a preference thing. Regardless, he is amazing. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411512366.035693.jpg

He is simply stunning !!!! I've never had a long hair myself and with the hair bunnies that happen around my place, my girl and I think we've got more than 2. I can only imagine with a long coat.

A little history for ya, the name Alsatian actually came on during one of the World Wars. Can't remember which one exactly. The US and Britain were both using the GSD as military working dogs but the Brits didn't want to call their dogs German. They chose the name Alsace from the French-German border town of Alsace-Lorraine. After the war was over, they reverted back to calling them GSD's. There is absolutely no difference between the two dogs.

My male is the bi-color (can't see his feet) and female the Black and Tan. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411514684.074742.jpg

Thanks, and you're absolutely right...the hair is a nightmare, I vacuum almost everyday lol.
I had read about that years ago. I ran into a man from from England who said the long coats are popular over there. AKC doesn't recognize them because I think it's a recessive gene that is considered a flaw, but some folks breed for it. It's been said that they tend to be more laid back. I'm not sure about that but I can say that mine is. Maybe it's because of his large size too. He has fluctuated around 130lbs during his life and he's always been lean. Is your Czech smaller? Our police force has one and he is smaller than the average GSD.
Just saw the pic! Gorgeous dogs!!

Thank you as well !! I believe you're correct about the AKC non- recognition in regards to long coats. My male is very tall and super thin but still around 90 lbs. My female is about 90 lbs as well but shorter in both length and height. Any of the Czechs I've seen have always been smaller. My female I rescued after I had to put my last one down, and my male I got from personal friends that are breeders. I had always wanted two GSD's together and after being at their place many times doing some work and just visiting, they told my girl and I that he was coming home with us. He's a prior show dog but taken out of the ring for a hereditary condition, blepharitis.

What tha? Lol is that hair???
Creeped me out at first.

Lol I could do a whole pack with the hair I clean up!

Back
Top Bottom