1 1/2 month old 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this in my sand bed its been there for over three weeks my tank has been cycled for over one month, I thank it's trates gasses.

Attachments

• image-3434240175.jpg
    image-3434240175.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 296
Do you have ants? :p they might be anaerobic spots they occur when a thick bed of sand hasn't been shifted around and such for a while then they release toxic bubbles :deadhorse:

Freshnoob1 said:
Do you have ants? :p they might be anaerobic spots they occur when a thick bed of sand hasn't been shifted around and such for a while then they release toxic bubbles :deadhorse:

Ok do I move my sand around because I have a Cuc, I had the Cuc for a month now

If you take the handle end of a net and stir it through the sand just enough to move it around you should be fine. Other than that im not too sure.. How deep is your sandbed?

Yeah that could do it. I've mostly only read about the anaerobic spots in sand in brackish tanks but I guess it could happen in saltwater too.

I have 20 in a 29g cube and thats excessive. keep in mind these guys dont eat algae so you still have to make sure they eat. :)

I have 40 in my 125g, and again its excessive. i really like these snails though. Feeding time is great they all emerge from the sand at once and start feasting. So cool to watch. lol Also. they can flip themselves back over if they end up upside down. Another neat thing to watch with them.

My tank looks like sand partials is circulating in my water flow, its making my tank look cloudy, what can it be?

you can run a filter floss to catch all the small particles

Yep I had the same problem, good way to tell is shut off all filters, pumps for an hour and see if it clears up....if it does, microbubbles

Back
Top Bottom