1 month old clownfish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got two 1 month olds, i tried to feed them the sinking pellets from omega one, but the pellets were too big for them:( poor babies, they tried to eat but it just wasnt happening. so before i go out and buy something else i wanted to get a few opinions on what to get them! here are a few things i was looking at getting them
Omega One Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp at PETCO

Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake Food at PETCO

Instant Ocean Brine Shrimp Soft Gel Food Supplement at PETCO

not necessarily these in particular, i want the most nutritious for the little guys.

any opinions/experiences are much appreciated!!!!

Try breaking the pellets up. Just use something hard like the bottom of a spoon and break them. Then just put the little pieces under the water so they can get them.

I used to have to break my pellets up for my 2 small clowns but now they eat full ones. I still have to break them up for my 2 small chromis as they are not big enough for full pellets yet.

Your LFS should have mini mysis. If not, then mysis. Also get other frozen foods for more variety if you can. Even the mini mysis might be too big.

When my clown was really tiny, the only thing he really ate was the frozen cyclopeeze. They're quite small.

When my clown was really tiny, the only thing he really ate was the frozen cyclopeeze. They're quite small.

So I got mysis shrimp I've tried cut up krill I tried crushing the pellets and I got flake food! They have been eating small amounts, but I don't think its enough. They swim up to food like they want it but last minute they don't eat it and swim away.... they are tank bred. Am I doing anything wrong???

Try leave tge pellets in little cup with water so it gets soft. Before you put it in tank.. then it should be good for them

i just got two 1 month olds, i tried to feed them the sinking pellets from omega one, but the pellets were too big for them:( poor babies, they tried to eat but it just wasnt happening. so before i go out and buy something else i wanted to get a few opinions on what to get them! here are a few things i was looking at getting them
Omega One Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp at PETCO

Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake Food at PETCO

Instant Ocean Brine Shrimp Soft Gel Food Supplement at PETCO

not necessarily these in particular, i want the most nutritious for the little guys.

any opinions/experiences are much appreciated!!!!

I use Xtreme- marine peewee
.. 1.5mm pellet size

I use Xtreme- marine peewee
.. 1.5mm pellet size

Just bought some on amazon! Thank you! I hope these work. The mysis shrimp aren't getting their attention. I think the store I purchased them from uses pellets for all their fish. They seemed interested in the sinking pellets just couldn't get them in their mouth. Hope these work.

Just bought some on amazon! Thank you! I hope these work. The mysis shrimp aren't getting their attention. I think the store I purchased them from uses pellets for all their fish. They seemed interested in the sinking pellets just couldn't get them in their mouth. Hope these work.

I used Hitachi or w.e but switched to xtreme... my black snowflake and others love it

Try soaking in a garlic additive to stimulate their appetite if they're not eating. I feed my designer clowns Ocean Nutrition reef flakes. The most nutritious IMO.

Back
Top Bottom