1 yr old tank still having problems? Am I missing something??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The violet? Ultra violet? Anything under 400nm is ultraviolet I like 400 it is also the same wavelength as moonlight I guess. Ultraviolet I don't believe to have too much to do with growth but I do like the glow it gives the tank. I think t5 aticnic are 480nm I think I am way off there Idk. I used a 470nm led on my test light I am building. I am sure there was a reason but I don't remember right now.

The violet? Ultra violet? Anything under 400nm is ultraviolet I like 400 it is also the same wavelength as moonlight I guess. Ultraviolet I don't believe to have too much to do with growth but I do like the glow it gives the tank. I think t5 aticnic are 480nm I think I am way off there Idk. I used a 470nm led on my test light I am building. I am sure there was a reason but I don't remember right now.

Violet is not UV.. Look here is the Violet verses UV

VIOLET
420nm.jpg

UV - I already have two and they are for coral color or in theory... UV creates a "sun burn" like to the coralsd giving them more colors...
UVLED.jpg

But now I'm looking at it again.. I thing I need higher 400's which is the cyan & pinkleds.. I think I read somewhere sps coral need 410-510 wave length but could be wrong.

Trusty_one said:
400nm is in the UV spectrum it is at the very tippy top LOL.

True but the sun produces alot of uv and there is still a big diffence between 399nm to 402nm as far as useable nm for corals.. at least IMO

Idk. Just pulling straws.. I still dont think my coral problem is my lights. I'm hoping I just wasnt ready. Mean parameter weren't stable.

Why do you insist on making this an argument I have researched this. 480 nm is blue 20000k is white. I have have 20000k leds they r white. 15000k bulbs in a t5 is white the blue antinic t5 is a 480 nm bulb. The nm refer to color not. Why don't you think about if you run mh bulds that run 20000k do they turn your tank blue NO. So Idk what your deal is or what kinda lights your looking at. I was making a suggestion. This is aquarium advice is it not. This argument is of topic and not needed. If he decides to follow my advice then he does either it works or not. Its a forum that has lot of opinions. I entitle you to yours. Entitle me to mine and shut-up.
Ok. I'm not going to be nice either then. You are way off. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Natural daylight is around 6000k, not 30, 000k.
A 30,000k lamp is GREEN.
Yes, 20k lamps over a tank makes it very blue. 20k LEDs are not white, they are blue.
I have no choice but to correct folks that spout off poor advice.

Quit arguing on this thread I don't really give a rats *** what u think 30000k hid automotive lamps r blue because they use xenon gas. Metal halide can be the same temperature as a high pressure sodium and they r 2 different colors because of the gas. color itself is not dependent on whether its 3000k or 20000 the sky is blue because the sun is no it is blue because of the gases. I wanna know how I bought 20000k white light leds according to you the should be blue or something. If they were in the mid to upper 400nm range they would be. I have 12000k t5 apparently the should be blue amazingly they r white OMG. My whole life has just turned upside-down

So anyway as you show a link to 30000k green hid lights then a link to a YouTube video of 30000k casting a blue glow you prove what?

Anyway? What exactly do you mean by anyway? The fact is that 30,000k is no where near the color of natural daylight. it's incorrect to be telling people that, and it's also incorrect to be telling people a change in kelvin is going to allow them to grow stony corals.

So what ur saying is light intensity has nothing to do with is. So I can put a 40 watt cfl above my tank and my coral will grow just fine. Good to know I can get buy way cheaper on my lighting costs. Thanks for the advice.

Then what is Kelvin if not intensity. Color is wavelength. You proved that for me as you showed me a link to green 30000k headlights then a YouTube video of blue 30000k headlights the only 2 things they had in common is they were the same temperature and high intensity.

www.sizes.com/units/color_temperature.htm and after reading this sorry skylight is 20000 and after refraction and the depth why would deep water corals be used to highest temperature. I believe that Wikipedia is a free encyclopedia that anyone can edit. So who says you didn't edit it. I have ppl thanking me for putting you in your place. So, maybe you are a know it all and ppl hate know it all ppl. I never said anything as factual I said in my opinion take or leave it for what it is. That is the point for this place. Share ideas not say I'm right your wrong neener neener neener. You are acting like a child that is trying to get his way. Every time I figure you done whining. I don't come back and retort. Yet, a day later here you are again. Just shut it no one cares about what you think or is any of this related to this guys specific problem. So it is way off topic and I thought that was a big no no I thought oh wait your 5. NO and a finger shake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom