10 Gal Coral Only Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I had a car. there are some good deals on live rock on craigslist. 3$ a pound. I may try one place in the city by train. Problem is transporting it all back. I should be able to carry 25-30lbs of Live rock I hope. This is why I was just going to get shipped

I think you can do better price wise and quality wise. It's only $3 a lb if you buy like what 200lbs?
LOl

Youde probably be better off just buying it locally.

Is it? Darn. I will have to look locally then. Whats a good price for 25lbs Lr and 25lbs Ls? So I can try to haggle.

My budget is almost full, without any coral :(

Any sand will do as long as you like it. :) I wouldnt waste my money on "live" sand though, it's kinda gimmicky.

As for rock I figure about $5 a lb average for all live. If your lfs has base or dead rock then I would get some of that. You will need about 15lbs total and will probably want alot of smaller pieces so you can glue frags to them. :)

Any sand will do as long as you like it. :) I wouldnt waste my money on "live" sand though, it's kinda gimmicky.

As for rock I figure about $5 a lb average for all live. If your lfs has base or dead rock then I would get some of that. You will need about 15lbs total and will probably want alot of smaller pieces so you can glue frags to them. :)
copy cat! LOL. :)

Wait Carey you have a 20g tank fs? Are you parting it out or local only?

whoops lol read in the wrong direction

Cost UPDATE

Here is my costs sheet and budget so far. It is definately hurting...

I will need both sw test kits right? The one specifically for the reef and the normal sw one?

Is that a good refractometer?

Its the one that most people use. they are all the same model number as the ones online. :)

You will eventually need the other tests but I woudln't recommend the API for: calcium, magnesium, alakilinity and phosphates. Those I woukld get salifert or elos. Since this is a coral only tank you want the best water testing kits for those things as you get more and more corals. Plus they are very accurate and easy to read. API gets iffy on some kits

Back
Top Bottom