10 Gal Coral Only Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to hold off on the group idea for now. I am definately still considering it.

I am educating my roommates first so that I wont be explaining it on my own.

Anyway..made my first buy today :)

Lol it hasnt come out yet but I was put on a waiting list for it.

AI Nano

$284.99

WOW! That looks really cool!

Thanks I cant wait to get it! Apparantly it can keep all corals alive. I needed something that wouldnt run as hot as the other light I wanted so LEDs were they way to go. I can also upgrade in the future and combine modules over larger tanks. It was worth it to me :)

You for real? QUOTE]

What do you mean? lol

Anyway.. I bought my base rock off of spideybry. Really nice stuff and a friendly guy! Did the scape, heres what it looks like:

It looks better in real life for some reason after looking at the pictures...crappy phone camera...

I plan on redoing my scape when I get back.

Tomorrow is a long day, lots to do:

-Building custom fuge
-Checking out a new (to me) lfs
-Buying all sorts of random things

Its going to be a long day..

I will post some crappy build pictures! I need to buy a better camera..but thatd mean less for coral..

User said:
I will post some crappy build pictures! I need to buy a better camera..but thatd mean less for coral..

Cool, can't wait to see what you get! Any ideas?

No idea really. I still have to make the tank.

This is a pretty long thread, sorry if it was discussed already. But, you could pretty easily cycle with just base rock. That stuff causes pretty high ammonia spikes once it's underwater again.

This is a pretty long thread, sorry if it was discussed already. But, you could pretty easily cycle with just base rock. That stuff causes pretty high ammonia spikes once it's underwater again.

Yea I am going to cycle with both I guess. Cause now I have both.

Ok so I finished my first DIY, lol shouldve posted in DIY but I want it here.

AC110 Fuge Custom using the directions above.

A few notes after doing it:

-That dremel tool is probably extremely nice to use on the top. I used a dull xacto knife lol, I cracked pieces of the top but its only cosmetic (and it already has a large melted spot) so long as it does the job.

-It was my first time using silicone. I definately did not pop the top piece to break the seal well enough or something, cause it all popped out the back lol I had to spread it with my homemade spreading tool (a stick lol)

-I had the perfect amount of super glue (the gel kind is so nice) so you may need more if you so choose

-I ended up having one spare tube of silicone. I didnt know how much I needed. I didnt even finish the one tube so one tube is enough ( and I used A LOT, due to the back blowing out and no accuracy with silicone)

-The plastic paint was nice. I did two coats for the heck of it. One wouldve been ok.

I know it was sloppy...but if it gets the job done idc..

I may be forgetting other things but Ill post them if I remember. Now onto the pics...

DIY 110 Fuge build

more pics...

lol ask questions if you want. They should be in order of oldest to newest throughout the build

Fuge Build cont..

The engine of the filter is used as a temporary powerhead in the last picture.

The first is the brands i used if you wanted exact ones.

Looks good man, nice to see decent pics come up. I like the scape, a bit of twaking will make it comfortable :D

Thanks man lol I have three more pieces I can work with too lol. Love the new pics for your tank! Always looks good!

Built

Cloudy water... assembled in room

The rock in the dead center will be moved but has some live parts to it so I am using it for the cycle

:)

Back
Top Bottom