10 Gal Coral Only Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Higher? Would high light do good in the center? There is no timer lol I still have to buy that.

think he was talking about 3-6" higher off the aquarium, instead of directly on the tank. Raising your light should also widen your light a little bit to possibly the sides... But this is a nice build thread, just read all 15 pages (interesting) so i'll follow along with my :popcorn:

Thanks man. It has been a nice build so far. This cycle is taking forever though. I cant raise it any more without building some sort of custom stand for it. My resources have dried up rapidly with this build as well lol

User said:
Thanks man. It has been a nice build so far. This cycle is taking forever though. I cant raise it any more without building some sort of custom stand for it. My resources have dried up rapidly with this build as well lol

I sort of planned my biocube so that right as I was done researching my birthday came along :) let's just say I had a little help paying for it.

A very sad day...

This build is no more for the time being. :(. It now has to be torn down and I hope I can build it again some other day. Soon to follow: Items for sale on the classifieds.

There were a few reasons that this tank has to be taken down. One was it is deemed a fire hazard (running an extension cord with a converter to a multiple outlet powerstrip all full). Also, when I go on breaks, no one will be able to take care of it, especially breaks where everyone goes home (fall,thanksgiving, winter, and spring break). The school does not want to be responsible for it and the potential fire it may cause while no one is in the room. Also potential water damages to furniture but that is minor.

Today was a sad day... :bawl:

I would like to thank everyone for their help and support as I began this project and had almost completed it. I am truely grateful for the time you spent with me and all the information given. I will not forget it! I may chose to rebuild it over this next summer but it has an uncertain future. Again thanks for everything, it has been a great build and I hope to talk to you all again.

Sorry you hadda tear it down. Hope you stay interested in the hobby and keep learning as we all are.

I dont think I will give up just yet. If none of my stuff sells I will just hold onto it and make it in the future.

Lol I know. All my freshwater tanks can attest to that.

Back
Top Bottom