10 gal. eclipse HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, i have a 10 gal tank with an eclipse hood. I was thinking about setting up a fowlr tank with only about 5 lbs of live rock, what should i do to supplement the filtration. I was wondering whether to leave the cartridge as be or put wet dry media as a mini sump. What should i do with the bio wheel?

As a sidenote how would one go about creating a fish only tank?
Thanx i need all the help i can get!!

My advice would be to use that as a quarantine tank and get a bigger one for your fish to live in. With only 10 gal, you should really only have 2 inches of full grown fish. That doesn't give you much to play with and amounts to about one small damsel.
Phil

Kenn said:
what should i do to supplement the filtration. I was wondering whether to leave the cartridge as be or put wet dry media as a mini sump.
I would suggest a little more LR up to 15 lbs or so. That will give you a fair amount of surface area for bacteria as well as providing anoxic zones for complete nitrification.

What should i do with the bio wheel?
In the beginning anyway, I would leave it. You need as much surface area as possible for bacteria and in smaller tank these can be of great benefit as long as you do not overstock or overfeed.

As a sidenote how would one go about creating a fish only tank?
Remove the LR.. 8O

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom