Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, hey now, I really really liked my aqua C remora, did an excellent job on my tanks.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is to go with the 10g sump and use a filter sock, and an in sump skimmer. i would pass on the refugium and/or scrubber.

I have a similar issue with my 60g cube, I needed a sump that wasnt over 23 inches so what I did was get a 16g tank which holds 50% more water which is a good thing I might add. I currently have an eshopps psk 150 and a biopellet reactor going in the 16g sump as well as a small filter sock to catch the floaties from the tank. Also, to use an in sump skimmer you usually need to have maybe 7-9 inches of water for it to run.....in a 10g that would put you at the top of the tank and not allow much room for water from the main tank when you shut down the system.

Just some more food for thought!

Good luck!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm glad you're getting good use out of AquaC's products! I'm not a fan of their customer service though. Had an issue with one of their remoras and the communication breakdown left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ahh i see now. Luckily I had no issues with the actual product so I never needed to contact them. But the product in my opinion was well built and looked pretty nice on my tank. lol I got it when looks was the priority, I didnt want an ugly hanging on skimmer. hehe.... I'm such a girl sometimes....
Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks yall for your feedback. I really appreciate it

Thanks for tossing that idea too Carey! I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to get filter sock and an in-sump skimmer. I have read threads about using an octopus DNWB-11, what do you guys think?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daney90
thanks yall for your feedback. I really appreciate it

Thanks for tossing that idea too Carey! I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to get filter sock and an in-sump skimmer. I have read threads about using an octopus DNWB-11, what do you guys think?

I'm a huge fan of the reef octos. Great product and good customer service ime.

The dnwb110 is a recirculating skimmer. It needs another separate pump to prime/feed it. It's useful if youre keeping it as an external skimmer.

For your needs I'd go with the NWB160. If you have the $, the octo extreme xs 160 is even better. Using it on my 60g cube. The xs 160 is quieter than the nwb160 and pulls out more gunk.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Octo extreme xs 160 looks over kill to my 55gal reel tank, LOL.

I think I'll go with the NWB160 since I'm having 80lbs of LR.

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com