10 gal sw tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok i am slowly buying some of the stuff for the tank and i was wondering what should i use to make a current ?

yeah but do i need alot with that little tank i mean i have one will that be enough its a reo 80

sweet thats what i was looking at

im told to get the #1

what is the difference between all the live rocks and what would be a good kind

and what about live sad how much should i put in

you want to put in about 2 inches of live sand..(so ive been told) which is usually equivalant to the gallon ratio. (1 gallon = 1 lb of live sand)

Live rock on the other hand ive heard (1 gallon = 1 lb of live rock, also 1 gallon = 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 lbs of live rock.) I personally live by the 1 lb to one gallon rule on both.

As far as the different kinds of live rocks.. I think its personally user preference.. i have 3 different kinds in my tank lol. Fiji is usually more bang for your buck (so they say) IT does have more orifices compared to some other rocks, and that is benifitial when it comes to bio-filtration and such.

oh thats good to know

is there anything else i should take into factor

I personally would not get live sand. I would buy dry aragonite sand. It will become live over time and I really wonder if this so called "live" sand is really live. JMO.

The way i did it.. in my 125.. i put in 100 lbs of pool filter sand.. then toped it with a 20 lb bag of live sand.. just to get the crushed coral and good stuff out of it.

fyi.. people call it live sand because of the live bacteria. in Mikes statement.. it lets me know he is one of the people that believes.. how can it be alive, if its been packaged and placed on a shelf for god knows how long.

i added the sand and water to the tank and going to buy the live rock this weekend im getting exited let me tell you water is really cloudy hope it clears up soon

Back
Top Bottom