10 gallon nano reef tank help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so about 7 days ago i set up 10 gallon aquarium with 20 lbs of live sand and 10 pounds of live rock. Lighting is a K2 Viper MH 150watt. Filter is a basic HOB for a 20 gallon. Also have a Koralia 1 set up. My questoins are as follows....

1.) Refugium or not? I have been looking at the small CPR aquafuge HOB refugium. Would it be worth it for a nano.
2.) what is the best Skimmer for a nano? I have read tons of mixed reviews on them.
3.) Phosphate reactor? or just use some Phosban in the filter or Refugium?

This is my first attempt at a true nano tank. Any help would be great!! thank you!!

-Bryon

Congratulations on your new tank!

I wouldnt worry about a skimmer or phosphate reactor though. Proper water changes will keep it clean. :)

Refugium is totally your call, were you looking at one for any particular reason?

Well I was thinking of doing a refugium just for adding more volume to the system. But to be honest it's probably not enough to make too much of a difference is it? I just Wanna make sure I do this system well, I don't want to lose corals.

How often would you change and how much on a 10 gallon? I do my discus tank 25% every 3 to 4 days.

I would do maybe 2g a week. You only have say 7-8g of actual water after displacement. This will keep your water and tank nice and healthy. :-D

Well, that's what I would do anyways lol

Back
Top Bottom