10 gallon saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henrysusername

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am going to start a 10 gallon reef i dont have special lights yet but im gonna get them soon i was just wondering what i could put in it before i get it started

I would get the basics, heater, powerhead, live rock, dry aragonite, refractometer, thermometer, and salt. Also, get a liquid test kit. Just get those and cycle the tank. Then you can add fish. While you are doing that, you can look at what coral you want and research them. For lights, look into T5 HO. HTH.

The only problem is that there is not much you can put in a 10 gallon tank. Maybe a clown fish and a small goby. As far as inverts a few hermit crabs a few snails and maybe one peppermint shrimp. Not enough space.

I wouldn't put any clowns in a 10G. A lot of places say 30G minimum, and they do get to be about 3". Maybe one might be ok in a 10G, but personally i would skip it. Neon gobies and clown gobies would do nice in a 10G. As well as a firefish.

I have an 8 gallon that I keep a small blue damsel and an emerald crab in. I have a larger tank that I will put the damsel in when it gets to big then I will probably get a small goby and pistol shrimp.

This is a guide for nano fish lgreen's Ultimate Guide To Nano Fish - Nano-Reef.com Forums I don't agree to all the fish in the size tank they recommend.but it is a good start to researching.

The more water movement you have the less problems with algae you will have.

Don't always trust the LFS I am lucky I have 4 in the area that is really very good.

High Fin's stay pretty small imo. I had S. nematodes in my 40L with a Randalls pistol and he was fine...well till he went carpet surfing. I'd say though that they're ideal for little tanks as thet stay small at 2" or so and are pretty sedentary. Make sure you have a lid though.
Ad

Back
Top Bottom