10% water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatwickGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i just done 10% water change, which I'm goin to do every 2 weeks, I think I added too much salt, bought ro/di water from LFS, salinity was 1.020 but I like to keep it between 1.024-1.026 but now it gone upto 1.029 bcoz I topped up my own salt and left it dissolve only 30 min, My parameter are ok ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
But Ph looks between 8.4-8.8
What do I do about ph, do I wait till tomorrow untiil my added salt fully dissolve or my fish won't be happy overnight, as a newbie still learning but I m not happy doin this silly mistakes, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

GatwickGuy said:
Hi, i just done 10% water change, which I'm goin to do every 2 weeks, I think I added too much salt, bought ro/di water from LFS, salinity was 1.020 but I like to keep it between 1.024-1.026 but now it gone upto 1.029 bcoz I topped up my own salt and left it dissolve only 30 min, My parameter are ok ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
But Ph looks between 8.4-8.8
What do I do about ph, do I wait till tomorrow untiil my added salt fully dissolve or my fish won't be happy overnight, as a newbie still learning but I m not happy doin this silly mistakes, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

You added to much salt. As the salt dissolves the salinity will raise higher. It best to check the fresh saltwater salinity before adding it to the tank.

To remedy this situation remove some saltwater and add ro/di until the salinity is correct. Btw your ph is high because your salinity is high. Fix the salinity and the ph will drop

Schism said:
You added to much salt. As the salt dissolves the salinity will raise higher. It best to check the fresh saltwater salinity before adding it to the tank.

To remedy this situation remove some saltwater and add ro/di until the salinity is correct. Btw your ph is high because your salinity is high. Fix the salinity and the ph will drop

Trouble is I don't have ro/di and don't have water treatment for tap water too, I m stock for tonight, any other way, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom