Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes I was thinking of getting a reef octopus skimmer rated for 250 gallons. I have also read that if you set up your live rock in a way, then you can keep two dwarfs. So, I'm thinking maybe instead of one exquisite fairy wrasse I will get a pair and maybe one other small fish and that will be it. Would that be a decent bioload? Also, do you think this would be the max or I could add one or two more smaller fish?

Old 09-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It totally depends on the fish, and a 100 gallon tank is not a huge tank. I don't think arranging the rock makes a bit of difference. When you feed all fish will be in the same spot anyway. I don't know what people are thinking when they write that stuff about arranging rocks and other nonsense. It's totally up to the fish. One guy could have 2 pigmy angels that get along fine, while you might get two, and they relentlessly attack each other.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
There are many fish you could get instead. How about something in the rabbit fish family, and/or one of the more docile triggers....Engineer gobies are cool too. The closest thing to an eel without the predation.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think a trigger will fit in my tank, but I have been looking at engineer goby. A mandarin is out of question now, but as you said, engineer goby are as close as you can get to an eel and personally, I really love goby because they look like eels but are easy to take care of and not predatory.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com