10g nano reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since people seem to be a fan of build threads (myself included) I guess I should start one because I know I am going to have a ton of questions. I already have lots but I'll start with one at a time. I would like to do soft corals and am thinking about getting a dual T5HO fixture doing 1 10,000k and one actinic would that be to little or to much light?

Oops meant to start this in the nano section could a mod move it for me please?

Thanks so much for that link it's a 4 bulb fixture with bulbs for the price I paid for a 2 bulb fixture with bulbs I will be returning the fixture I bought previously! What temperature should I get for the white bulbs? 10k? and should I do 2 white and 2 blue? or what ratio?

I would do 2 white and 2 blue. The whites are up to you. 10k will be a tad yellow and the higher the number goes the less yellow and more blue. So 14k wouldnt be as yellow as 10k but wouldnt be as blue as the actinics.

Depends what goby. I dont think many can fit in a 10 except for a blue neon and a watchman..

Well it is going to be a yellow watchman I am just wondering if that sand will work the gov't and shrimp to build a burrow in

I have a wheeler goby and tiger pistol shrimp the only bad thing is when the shrimp decides to dig around the water clouds up. Mine is an established tank but there is still enough fine dust to make it look like a blizzard when my shrimp goes into construction mod. That sand should work fine just make sure you rinse it before adding it. Make sure you have enough rubble in there so it can reinforce it caves.

A watchman will be fine in your tank. Don't get any more fish because one fish in there with a shrimp is enough of a bioload. I feed my shrimp twice a week it has even taken food from my hand, something I wouldn't suggest people doing but I just had to see it it would. Using a tweezers or a bamboo screwier works the best.

Back
Top Bottom