10g zoa tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cameron6796

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I finally decided. I was juggling a mixed tank excluding sps or a zoa tank and i decided after some long hard thinking its just got to be the zoa tank.

Now i was all enthusiastic when I realized I had a lot of questions

1. Bare bottom or not ( kind of leaning towards an inch of sand )

2. Filtration ; I've heard that having a filter is not a bad idea for instance I can run a filter sponge and even carbon, but was wondering wont a sponge become a detritus factory. also an aqua clear 50 can be modded to be a " Hang-on refugium " for pods etc but was wondering how do u keep the pods from getting mashed up in the propeller. :(

3. Lighting i have no idea what to do for lighting help!!!!!!!! Was thinking LEDs but want something that will be just over what zoas need to , ensure enough light. I want something with everything needed, actinic , whites, nightlight, and possibly some other features like dimming or maybe full spectrum :) really flustered helllllppp!!!!!!!

4. Circulation : i hear things like 10x 20x even 40x ( probably for sps) and alot of places say that zoos need low to moderate flow so i want something like the koralia nano240 then i remembered that zoas will grow towards flow and if i want them to grow evenly i need something like the vortech mp10 that makes random flow im also really flustered on this

Feeding: my final topic what do i feed them i know some zoos accept meaty food and i can try that but what else. Bbs, cyclopeez,etc...

Thank you in advance just dont want to mess this up

Back
Top Bottom