110 Gallon Newbie questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yellow tangs aren't difficult. But I wouldn't do the hippo. They get massive. If you must have two tangs, get a yellow and kole. Add them last and at the same time.

Oh nice :) and they are not super expensive either, would I only need one being 13000 litres an hour? It wont blow fine sand around or be too much for the types of coral I want? Are you happy with how quiet it is?

That's a real bummer about the tangs :( I definitely did want the blue tang, even if I had to move it on if it got too big, I do like the Kole and Tomini though, are there any other larger fish that would suit my tank? A dwarf lionfish would eat all the smaller fish wouldn't it?

It's very quiet I only hear a slight humm but the room has to be totally silent which never happens.

I suppose you could try the re-home route but I would never do it because 1 I I would hate to have to get rid of a fish I've had for years and 2 I've read being in a tank that is too small can have biological effects on the fish even as a juvenile.

I wouldn't do a lion fish with a reef for small fish for the reason you stated.

Some colorful fish that would fit is the lemon peel angel or flame angel both are active swimmers and very colorful. They may eat coral though. There are dozens of wrasses you could get that are very colorful as well. There are a few smaller hogfish you could do also and anthias.

Back
Top Bottom