Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
12 gal Nano cube for QT tank

I had tried putting a 10 gal tank inside my 30 gal stand to use for a qt tank. I don't like having the tank inside the stand. I was thinking getting a tank that I can keep by itself for a qt tank. I was looking at the 12 gal Nano cube and the eclipse 12. I like the Nano cube much better. Has anyone used one for a qt tank? I would like to use one for saltwater or freshwater depending on what I need it for at the time. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Jim

Old 04-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

weird.. i was just going to ask about using a nano as a qt tank this afternoon.

It seems like a good deal to me as they usually have everything you need in them when you buy them.

Someday I'll add fishies.
elzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say yes, but why? THe cost of a 10gal. aquarium and small HOB filter would not even compare to a NanoCube. Even if you went with the basic model I believe they are still around a $100.

10gal. aquarium = $10-$15
Small HOB filter = $5-$10

Total cost = $15-$25

Vs. the NanoCube at $100 ... even if you got a deal at $75 you'd still pay more.I understand they are more visually pleasing but, it's just for a QT tank!

But to answer your question yeah you can use one for a QT.

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
I live in a 1 bedroom apt and I have three tanks already. I was going to put the qt in my 30 gal stand. I don't have enough room to work on tank under stand and I can't see the fish. If I set up a tank that would be in my living room then I would like it to be a nicer looking tank. I know it would be much cheaper to set up a 10 gal for a qt.

Tags
cube, nano, nano cube, qt tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com