12 gal Nano cube for QT tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had tried putting a 10 gal tank inside my 30 gal stand to use for a qt tank. I don't like having the tank inside the stand. I was thinking getting a tank that I can keep by itself for a qt tank. I was looking at the 12 gal Nano cube and the eclipse 12. I like the Nano cube much better. Has anyone used one for a qt tank? I would like to use one for saltwater or freshwater depending on what I need it for at the time. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Jim

weird.. i was just going to ask about using a nano as a qt tank this afternoon.

It seems like a good deal to me as they usually have everything you need in them when you buy them.

I would say yes, but why? THe cost of a 10gal. aquarium and small HOB filter would not even compare to a NanoCube. Even if you went with the basic model I believe they are still around a $100.

10gal. aquarium = $10-$15
Small HOB filter = $5-$10

Total cost = $15-$25

Vs. the NanoCube at $100 ... even if you got a deal at $75 you'd still pay more.I understand they are more visually pleasing but, it's just for a QT tank!

But to answer your question yeah you can use one for a QT.

I live in a 1 bedroom apt and I have three tanks already. I was going to put the qt in my 30 gal stand. I don't have enough room to work on tank under stand and I can't see the fish. If I set up a tank that would be in my living room then I would like it to be a nicer looking tank. I know it would be much cheaper to set up a 10 gal for a qt.

Back
Top Bottom