120 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
My buddy and I are gonna start a 120 gallon tank what supplies will needed price not a factor at the moment just need ideas. Probably going for a tang or 2, gobies and whatever else looks possible. Definitely getting Lps and sps.

Cjsanders757 said:
My buddy and I are gonna start a 120 gallon tank what supplies will needed price not a factor at the moment just need ideas. Probably going for a tang or 2, gobies and whatever else looks possible. Definitely getting Lps and sps.

Price not a factor? Ok....

Vortech MP40's a couple of those
Heater
Sump
Skimmer
You can go with AI's SOL BLUE LED fixture you'll probably want 3 or you can go with radions LED fixture an sync it with the vortechs.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/light...xture-1.html?gclid=CN77h4nf8rICFY1DMgodj08AEw

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/pumps...er-pump.html?gclid=CJOPpLDf8rICFexAMgodKCkAfw

Add about 90 pounds of live rock and 100-120 pounds of live sand or other type of sand, I went with a deep sand bed so I have new sand. I went with all live rock and live sand. Others don't and you don't have to as well. Base rock will work butt IMO your gonna want some live rock in that size tank.

Maybe a reef controller, auto dose unit.

I'll keep thinking...

Good luck

Wow you really went all out on the recommending. Something like that would cost thousands, but if money isn't a concern, then why not!

ATO system
carbon and GFO reactor (phosban reactor)

obscurereef said:
Wow you really went all out on the recommending. Something like that would cost thousands, but if money isn't a concern, then why not!

ATO system
carbon and GFO reactor (phosban reactor)

Haha it was like I was building my dream tank! +1 on the ATO and GFO reactor. Link it all to your iPhone and your golden!! It can tell you your tanks pH, calcium, alkalinity, salinity etc etc etc... It can turn lights on/off, dose your tank and even feed your fish!!

Put some under water cameras in the tank and watch it when your enjoying a cold one on some island.

Put some under water cameras in the tank and watch it when your enjoying a cold one on some island.

If you had that kind of money why not just get a maid to take care of it :lol: And if you're on an island surrounded by gorgeous reefs and deciding to watch your tank instead...that's got to be one impressive aquarium!!!

obscurereef said:
And if you're on an island surrounded by gorgeous reefs and deciding to watch your tank instead...that's got to be one impressive aquarium!!!

My point exactly! If it were my tank it would be one bad bad BAD tank!!! I would sit on the island sipping on some frozen island special going psshh... They should see my reef tank! lol

My point exactly! If it were my tank it would be one bad bad BAD tank!!! I would sit on the island sipping on some frozen island special going psshh... They should see my reef tank! lol

Real reefs are soooo overrated! Synthetic ones are where's it's at! :cool:
But going back to the topic, whatever you can afford and are willing to pay, would be a good addition, but don't forget to save for the livestock too!

Lol when I said price isnt a factor just means I wanted to get some ideas of what to get

Back
Top Bottom