125 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hung the doors very carefully with two people and shims.
Here's the sump inside the stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finished putting water and sand in. Next I have to do the plumbing. I have about 30 more pounds of live rock that will go on the right side of the tank. That will make a total of 75 lbs of live rock. I think I'm going to go with a 4x80 ati t5ho on this tank instead of the leds I originally intended to use. Anyone with experience with these fixtures feel free to give your opinion. Here's the tank as of now.

Just bought the plumbing. It came to 130 bucks and I still don't have the pump :-(

The worst thing is every time I buy something for the fish tank I buy my wife something of equal price. So when it was all said and done I was out 300 bucks.

The worst thing is every time I buy something for the fish tank I buy my wife something of equal price. So when it was all said and done I was out 300 bucks.

Lol! Is that a compromise?

How's the build going? Did you get the lights?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No lights are last on my list. I still don't have a return pump.

Herbie plumbing complied with

Now I just need the pump. It's either going to be a magdrive 9.5 or quiet one 4000. I'm open to suggestions.

Finally put the pump in and it was a nightmare. Never again will I use threaded bulkheads for anything. I worked 2 hours trying to get the return not leaking and finally gave up. It's leaking a drop every 20-30 seconds into a bucket. On the upside the herbie setup is crazy quiet.

A little silicone would fix that bulkhead easy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's outta the threads of the barb fitting. The only reason I got threaded was to make it easy to take apart and it is such a pain to take a part.

It stopped leaking on its own. I'm really glad because I was tired of messing with it and I'm pretty sure my wife was too.

This is the stocking list I've decided on. Critique please.
2x true percula clownfish
1 x snowflake blenny
4x blue green chromis
2 x dispar anthias
1 x sixline wrasse

Is it going to be FOWLR or reef? Are you getting any inverts?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just a reef. And for inverts I'll keep some dwarf blue hermit crabs probably around 20-30 turbo snails and I already have around 50-100 brittle starfish that will go in when I transfer everything.

I've decided I'm going skimmerless with a light bioload. I'm going to utilize the first section of my sump for live rock and the second 24x24x12 section as a fuge with 2x21 watt par 38 leds at 6500K. I've decided i will go with mostly lps with a few sps since sps corals are so hard to find in North dakota.

Anyone have any suggestions for powerheads? I was thinking 2 rw-8's. I was thinking 2x rw-15's originally but then saw 1 in person and even at the lowest setting 2 were kicking up sand on a 150.

Back
Top Bottom