125 In Fargo, ND

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zelax25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have now aquired a 125 that was a fresh tank now to start a build to make it a reef. going to take it slow as i build it out and build most items myself. First order of business is to clean the tank and build an oak stand. Canopy will be built once i get the lights.

Take pics along the way. Def looking forward to seeing this come together. What are you looking to stock the tank with?

Well i started to think of my stock list for fish

Here are my current Fish in QT
Diamond Goby
Flame Angel
Pygmy Cherub Angel
One Spot Foxface

Fish that are possible
Hippo tang
Yellow Tang
Naso Tang
Sailfin Tang
Achilles or Powder Blue or Powder Brown Tang (Love thier shape in the water)
Blue spot Toby Puffer
2 Black and White Clowns
CopperBand Butterfly
Purple Firefish
Blue Reef Chromis
maybe a Trigger if feeling bold to take the risk

I know I have to make my choices on the tangs but just some of the ones I like just have to see what I can get at the time i'm adding them.

Now for a new Skimmer any one use the Coralife Super Skimmer-Needle Wheel-220 Gallon I was looking at adding this to my 125 when i get it setup to help keep the water clear. also looking at a new RO unit any prefered units i was looking at a 5 stage unit to help with the minerals in te water here in the mid-west.

Well this weekend we got a few new additions to our 30 Gallon that will be the refugium when we move to the 125. Got a Blue Tuxedo Urchin and a pair of Black and White Clowns also got a new T5 fixture to be used on the refugium but provides better lighting for the 30 in the mean time. I do like those clowns and the fox face at 3" is a little pig always eating at the base of the algae clip and making the algae float around

Yeah i will love this once i get it set up . Right now i am resealing the tank and discovered it was built in 1989 using 1/2" glass so no center braces. I have seen this tank full with no bowing of the glass.

Well lucky me my odd decided to go all saltwater so now hopefully they will start carrying some more variety than chromis and clowns and the odd tang

Well the bad news my 3 year old thought she would help with the fish and so far the losses are the butterfly and the powder blue tang after changing out over 60 gallons for the qt i think we have the levels in check and won't lose any more fish.

still not sure what she put in the tank but wow did ph, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate all shoot to the roof in a few hours

Well it's been a week later and the culling is now over only 2 fish remain a one spot foxface and a orange spot had to put then in another tank to save them but they polluted that tank as well lots of inverts did not make it

did you cycle it? Posted you got a new tank on 9/16 and had four fish on 9/20

it was cycled for 5 months and was going great. 3 year old found a way to get to the tank, boxes on top of her chair and dumped in a bottle of water conditioner and everything shot up as the bacteria died off from the rock and all the algae died off from the tank back wall. This all happened in our QT Tank

Working the tank came to a stand still with the release of my project at work nearing have to get back to it soon to finish it up

Back
Top Bottom