125g Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
As many of you know I just purchased a 125g 6ft long tank. I added my exsisting rock and coral from my 75g. The tank came with a number of fish but I could not keep an angel and a butterfly. I traded all my fish from my 75g to the lfs.

In the tank I currently have a Naso, Powder Blue, and a Pair of Percs. I also have an Orangeshoulder tang in qt. I am seriously considering taking the Orange Shoulder back to the lfs because I am afraid that that would be too much.

I was wondering what else might go in my tank well, with lots of nice colors. Anthias maybe?

Look at my sig for info.

TIA! :wink:

Midas Blenny (3" or more) - the gold color is nice.
Mandarin - assuming that rock is loaded w/food.
2 neon blue gobies (mated pair) - helps with the fish cleaning chores.
1 mated pair flasher wrasses - I hear the mating dance/flashing is beautiful

That's my 2 cents. Let us know what you decide.

I agree that the third tang in there would be a bit too much tang. Hmm... I'd get 5 (6 if you can fit them as they say that's the optimal number) Anthias (1M; 4/5F) the lyretails are gorgeous, a barnacle blenny, two PJ cardinals... hey wait! That's my tank, lol!

Great suggestions all!! I will post some of what I am interested in from the list you gave and you can critique it... :D

I only have the one Powder Blue Tang - but he's also very aggressive at first towards any other large fish. He's cohabitating with an Angel right now, I forget the name but it's the only family that's reef safe. I had to babysit the Angel for 5-6 hours the first day until Mr. Blue stopped trying to kill her.

I have a Fathead Anthias in the tank that's doing very well. He seems to be a light eater but I don't notice any ill-effects. Mr. Blue never even took notice of the Anthias.

Ok the list will include:

Blennies
Cardnals
Gobies

Reef Safe Wrasse????

I have always understocked my tank. But with this tank, I dont want to overstock it, but I do want to have a good amount of fish in there.

Anymore suggestions?

Thanks all!

This is my first big tank, and considering my filtration, how many adult inches of fish would you do?

thanks.

Look at my sigline - that's what I have and everyone gets along just fine. Any more and they start getting sketchy. (I know because I had more)

Don't get me going on the CB lando!!!!! :mrgreen: I wanty, I wanty, mommy please!! :p

Man if I wasnt so much of a chicken I would def. get one of those Lando... :roll:

The copperband would make an excellent show piece. Would a third large'ish fish be ok in there?

Come on rev...everyone's doing it. You want to be cool don't you? Go ahead, just get one :wink: Honestly, if anyone can keep this fish, I am sure you can. LiveAquaria has some available that are collected from Aussie. These tend to be a bit more hardy and more readily accept prepared foods. You do pay a bit more but it is worth it. Just remember, they love featehr dusters.

Heya Rev, glad to hear its going well so far. I would seriously consider a pair of tank raised orchid dottybacks. They are way cool. A 6 line wrasse would be great as well. I personaly wounldn't waste the time with anthias, you'll love them for the few months they live. Wetwebmedia's faq on anthias pretty much sums up my experience... short... I also would look into a dozen or so clown gobies. They come in great colors, have a lot of personality, and contribute no bioload to speak of. I know the "rusty" ones from saltwater fish, as well as the greens are really cool and the Citrons from reefermadness are beautiful. Hope this helps man! Best of luck with the 125!

Jealously,

Brisc0

You think 4 or 5 different gobies will get along alright?

PS. Thanks all for the help, and Lando, you are the devil's advocate!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom