Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i dont see why you would need two overflows but the one that you were looking at was way to small. I have a 135 fowlr that i just finished setting up. i have one overflow that has 2 1.5 inch outlets that has a 1500 gph flow rate. i have one return pump in my sump that runs at 1720 gph but only about 1450 when pumping up 3.5 feet. I also have two 650 gph powerheads on either end of the tank. circulation is great and there are no dead spots. my turn over rate is just over 20. you will need another powerhead for your skimmer,most come with them but if not it will tell you what gph rating to get.

grimes135 is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, flow, overflow, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off