14g BioCube - some weird stuff going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor.m

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I think I know what some of it is but I'm posting anyways to make sure. I've recently found some weird stuff going on in my tank. It's day 7 of my cycle, and I believe the sand has diatoms (is turning brown), and there's some dead coraline on my LR. I suppose the white residue on the rock is dead coraline from what I read over at reefloung. There also seems to be some green residue on the rocks, is this algae? Should I leave it there, and should I invest in a clean up crew already?

Thanks :) Here are some pictures to show what I'm talking about!

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 71
Thanks! Should I look into taking care of any of these or will they take care of themselves?

I wouldn't worry about anything yet. The diatoms will burn out on their own as your cycle progresses. The algae is a normal part of the cycle and new tanks, and your clean up crew can take care of it when your cycle is finished.

Welcome to AA :)

Thanks melosu, just watching as it goes :p

CheeseHead, no they don't come with a heater, I had to get mine separately. But the heater fits pretty well into one of the dry-filter chambers so it's fine.

Thanks melosu, just watching as it goes :p

CheeseHead, no they don't come with a heater, I had to get mine separately. But the heater fits pretty well into one of the dry-filter chambers so it's fine.
Oh Man! That's cool, which type did you use?

Sorry for the delayed reply. As for the heater, I'm not sure which I went with, but I will check once I get home. I used the one my LFS salesman recommended, and my temperature has been stable at 79 F ever since I got the tank so no complaints here :)

Back
Top Bottom