Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mhaynes01
15 gallon fish choice

i have delagated for 3 months ever since i have set up my tank, its been cycles for 5 weeks. about what fish to get

what are your suggestions?

the reason i am not saying anything about fish i have chosen is i do not want any of you to be swayed by that choice.

express what you feel is best.

Old 07-11-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Really depends what you want to do. Do you plan on putting together a nan-reef? FO, FOWLR? Smaller tanks are somewhat limited in what you can keep, and the amount. For suggestions there is always the stand-by of the perc clown. You might also like a royal gramma or something like a yellow watchman goby. Do you have LR in there? good luck...Lando

Old 07-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

i want a nano reef bad, but the price of the light i need is too great, (i plan on gettign a bigger tank someday, that will be a reef) so i do not watn to spend alot of money on this tank.

it will be a FOWLR, i am in contact with a guy who will get me about 20 lbs. (not sure which kind of live rock most likely fiji)

if i got a yellow watchmen goby what else could i get with it, chromis, damsels, clowns
Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

any of those fish will be fine with a yellow watchman. You will have LR so it will keep it happy. If you want a laugh, get a pistol shrimp to go with your yellow watchman. They have a pretty comical relationship.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok thats sounds better than want i intended to go with (i wanted 2 clowns)

i like bottom dwellers to begin with,

so a yellow watchmen goby and a pistol shrimp and last but no tleast a occelaris or percula probaly the occelaris
Old 07-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great choice, I think you will be happy with it. You may also want to consider a Royal Gramma. Very nice personality and adds some nice color to the tank.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok will that go with a the clown adn the goby or just the goby and the royal gramma
Old 07-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think you could get by just fine with a clown, a goby and a royal gramma. That would give you a nice mix of fish with some great color.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
well in a 15 gal tank that is about 3 in of fish. i would say that the yellow and the shrimp and then add the 2 clowns. but you are going to have to watch your levels and keep up on the water changes.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

yep but i also have a bak pak skimmer 2

i and i do weekly water changes of about 1-2 gallons (depends on levels of course)
but i always do 1 gallon per week regardless of what the levels are. since i havbe waited such a long time i finally think that i am ready for some fish, will be getting live rock soon, so maybe 2-3 weeks from know i will have my first fish

Tags
15 gallon, 5 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com