15 gallon fish choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have delagated for 3 months ever since i have set up my tank, its been cycles for 5 weeks. about what fish to get

what are your suggestions?

the reason i am not saying anything about fish i have chosen is i do not want any of you to be swayed by that choice.

express what you feel is best.

Really depends what you want to do. Do you plan on putting together a nan-reef? FO, FOWLR? Smaller tanks are somewhat limited in what you can keep, and the amount. For suggestions there is always the stand-by of the perc clown. You might also like a royal gramma or something like a yellow watchman goby. Do you have LR in there? good luck...Lando

i want a nano reef bad, but the price of the light i need is too great, (i plan on gettign a bigger tank someday, that will be a reef) so i do not watn to spend alot of money on this tank.

it will be a FOWLR, i am in contact with a guy who will get me about 20 lbs. (not sure which kind of live rock most likely fiji)

if i got a yellow watchmen goby what else could i get with it, chromis, damsels, clowns

any of those fish will be fine with a yellow watchman. You will have LR so it will keep it happy. If you want a laugh, get a pistol shrimp to go with your yellow watchman. They have a pretty comical relationship.

ok thats sounds better than want i intended to go with (i wanted 2 clowns)

i like bottom dwellers to begin with,

so a yellow watchmen goby and a pistol shrimp and last but no tleast a occelaris or percula probaly the occelaris

Great choice, I think you will be happy with it. You may also want to consider a Royal Gramma. Very nice personality and adds some nice color to the tank.

I think you could get by just fine with a clown, a goby and a royal gramma. That would give you a nice mix of fish with some great color.

well in a 15 gal tank that is about 3 in of fish. i would say that the yellow and the shrimp and then add the 2 clowns. but you are going to have to watch your levels and keep up on the water changes.

yep but i also have a bak pak skimmer 2

i and i do weekly water changes of about 1-2 gallons (depends on levels of course)
but i always do 1 gallon per week regardless of what the levels are. since i havbe waited such a long time i finally think that i am ready for some fish, will be getting live rock soon, so maybe 2-3 weeks from know i will have my first fish

also i might be gettin a fully setup 55 gallon tank(tank, stand,sand,liverock etc... adn 2 fish not sure what kind but if they are not what i want then i will find a good home for them) so maybe my 15 will turn into a quaritine :lol:

I personally wouldn't mix species in a small tank. It's going to be cramped with just one or two fish once they are adults. Remember even a clown is recommended to have 30 gal worth of space and they aren't even big swimmers.

I would go for one (maybe two if they are some kind of pair) and leave it at that.

How much LR? Is it cured? I'm sure you know, but make sure you check your levels and wait a couple weeks after adding the LR beofre adding livestock. Also, please post some pics...I love to see tanks in progress. Lando

i will be getting 20 lbs. its cured.. i have a digital camera but i cannot seam to upload them on the comp. (computer does not recgognize the USB and hence no uploadign pictures) the only way i can is to take a picture with a regualar camera and scan it on the computer,

p.s dotn worry after i put in the live rock, i will wait a week or two checking levels untill all is peachy 8)

also if i get that 55 which i probaly will, my attention will turn to that tank and only that tank, so my 15 may sit for a while with nothing in it, or i can teach my brothers how to care for that tank and they can get a clown or two. but i am the superintendant of tanks in my house and some of my friends houses too. :lol:

In that case the 15 will make an excellent QT :wink:

another tid bit of info. the tank i am most likely getting (crossing fingers) has an anemone not sure what kind but i think it a carpet anenome, he has 1 clown either a maroon or ocelaris.

my questiion is should i try adn take care of the anemone or should i give it to someone? also point me to info in anemones

I would add the LR before you get any fish. The die off from the LR may cause a cycle which could stress the fish.
good luck....

Back
Top Bottom