15 gallon live rock cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah I was gonna buy 50% live sand and 50% normal XP iv heard the lights ill need are really expensive :S

Results today! I realized I was looking at the freshwater card for ammonia so what I thought was 0.25 was actually 0

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrates are at 0ppm too :S

Lol my tank is still a long way away so ill try to research as much as I can in the meantime! Thanks for your help though :)

I won't be able to get anything in there yet because I need ALL of my money for my larger tank :S do I add food in the meantime or just don't do water changes?

I would say you should be good to go. It looks like you finished your cycle based on how was last test was. I would say grab some snails or something and put them in. Start out with some snails for a few days and see how it goes. They will eat some of the bacteria found in your live rock but also like pellets and...dead stuff.

Haha I actually have NO money to spend on fish XP
Should I keep putting food in?

If you aren't going to be putting anything to eat the food, don't add any. All that will do will create a ton of excess nutrients and you'll have an algae outbreak. Don't want that.

Hmm...I don't know. You would think it would survive in the live rock. I guess it wouldn't hurt to drop a flake or two in. Algae can be fixed if it doesn't get too bad.

I'm trying to get someone, for Christmas, to take me to my aquarium and buy me fish hehe

Back
Top Bottom