15 gallon live rock cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha! I understand XP
When I get home today I'll test the water and put some shrimp or fish food in XP

Ok so test are practically the same
Ammonia 1.0ppm
Nitrite 0.25ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

I ended up putting in some frozen beef heart and bloodworms

Readings now

Ammonia 3.0ppm
Nitrite .50ppm
Nitrate 10ppm

Beef is not good. The fibers are too dense and it will decay much slower. Shrimp and lobster tail have very large fibers that break down very easily. They almost pop in your mouth.

Haha I would have put that in but we don't have any shrimp in the house and I can't buy it because I'm hiding the tank XP

It can be used. If you can sneak to the grocer and ask for 1 frozen table shrimp, sometimes they'll give it to you for free. Especially if you ask for a scrap piece.

Is it a lot better?

Lol I don't really go to the shops often and I'm a bit too shy to ask XP but if it will really speed up and help my cycle I might :p

Well my mum got sick of the amount of tanks that I had so she told me not to get anymore XP Whoops haha
She can see it AFTER I get pretty stuff in it hehe

Well my mum got sick of the amount of tanks that I had so she told me not to get anymore XP Whoops haha
She can see it AFTER I get pretty stuff in it hehe

Probably a bad time to mention just how smelly a cycling salt tank can get....

Haha iv cycled some freshwater tanks with shrimp XP when the weather got warmer... Well it wasn't pretty XP

Haha because it's small will it not take as long?
It's more pinkish and it has little white swollen tips
I hope it survives the cycle XP it's so cute

BTW, its a little blurry, but I'm thinking that looks like it might be a manjano. You should google that and see if that's what you're seeing. Some can be kinda pretty, but they're not good. :(

Well I don't think it would be too exotic seeing as my ammonia is so high... It's moving around the live rock now but it's staying closed :/

Hmm... Strange...

Ammonia probably above 8ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm

Back
Top Bottom