180 gal fish compatibly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankanator

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody I'm new to this site.

I'm starting a 180 gal tank, right know I have a 55 gal saltwater here's what in it

blue hippo tang
yellow tang
valenti puffer
2 brown percula clowns
5 B/G chromis
purple fire fish

I transferring all the fish ti the new tank and want to add these fish

porcupine puffer
niger trigger
blue girdled angle

What do all think

Thanks Rob

WELCOME TO AA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others will have to chime in on this one I'm not familiar with all of those fish to help you much.

WELCOME TO AA!!!!

I'm surprised the puffer hasn't niped any tails. That Niger might become agressive towards some of your current fish. He will also move rock around, so make sure you have it all firmly planted (those are one of my favorite triggers). They should really be housed in an agressive tank, 180Gallons may be ok.
With you selections, you should have a beautiful tank with a wide variety of colors. Good luck! Other's will be along shortly to add their input.

I havn't bought the fish yet, I was just getting sugestions on weather they would be compatible I probably will not get the trigger ( and yes I agee they are my favorite to )

My LFS had a humu humu or the picasso trigger and nobody would buy him he was very aggressive, but I heard the the niger trigger was one of the less aggressive triggerfish

tankanator said:
I heard the the niger trigger was one of the less aggressive triggerfish

I kept one for a while years ago - I like him, but I bought the smallest one I could find and I added it to my FO tank last. I think crosshatch triggers may be even less aggressive, smaller etc.

Actually, I too was more concerned about the addition of a 2d puffer. Strikes me as 'risky'.

You have 43" of adult fish currently and want to add another 42" of adult length fish???

It's not going to happen even in a 180 without major issues IMO. (i.e. aggression/maintaining decent water parameters)

Porcupine Puffers are best housed alone or with very large non aggressive fish and I'd exclude it from your current list.

Trigger if fine but it's only a matter of time before it gets your smaller chromis/fire fish. At least you would have less of a bio-load then :roll:

I had a feeling that's what all of you would say my lfs is telling me that the puffer and trigger would be fine but all they want to do is sell fish. I will take all of your advice into account, I can do with out the trigger but really wanted the puffer I guess you can't always have it your way LOL.

Great site and advice I'll keep you informed on what I put in the tank

Thanks

Cool deal. Remember, we are not here to sell you stuff you don't need!

Thanks that's why I came to this site to get your advice. I'm new to these forums and just getting my feet wet LOL, trying to get as much knowledge as I can.

thanks

Anytime, personally, I love questions and pics! I can't wait to see that 180 G beast in action!

I will post the pic. when I get it up and running.

I picked up the tank and light today but no stand it was damaged during shipping a bit upset I have to wait until next week. It sucks but what can you do, so I have this monster tank standing up in my living room LOL.

How much did you pay for the tank and stand, if you don't mind me asking. What lighting did you get?

180 gal prefecto with 2 overflows and the stand came to $1098 + TAX the tank came with the overflow kits about $100 value

Don't mine you asking at all

WOW! That's a great deal. I spent that much on my 125 w/stand, not pre-drilled.
What about lighting?

Back
Top Bottom