18g tall fowlr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its 21.5. And once im done the top of the rock will be a bit higher, and ive already been offered a good light, just needs bulbs.

Havent updated in a while so thought id let everyone know how my tank is doing... after a month of him barely eating and having horrible sores in his mouth my male is once again thriving, his wife never got sick and is also doing well!! I did have 2 turbo snails to clean the tank but my conch ate them both (apparently he killed and ate a 4+ inch purple lobster a while before i got him also hence him being named The Monster) and the conch is also doing well. I tried to add the old lr but it started leaching ammo so i pulled it back out. The ammo spike from it killed some of my strawberry nems that came on the lr but they are also making a comeback. I had brittle stars but havent seen any in weeks, but saw an asteria star a couple days ago so they are still around!!! I got most of the bubble algae off my lr but one piece has a ton of hair algae as well as some that looks like feathers almost, both of which are growing, even under my stock light. I have a few tiny critters that i need to figure out what they are, but this tank still fascinates me every day as i find some one or something new in it!!!

Havent updated in a while so thought id let everyone know how my tank is doing... after a month of him barely eating and having horrible sores in his mouth my male is once again thriving, his wife never got sick and is also doing well!! I did have 2 turbo snails to clean the tank but my conch ate them both (apparently he killed and ate a 4+ inch purple lobster a while before i got him also hence him being named The Monster) and the conch is also doing well. I tried to add the old lr but it started leaching ammo so i pulled it back out. The ammo spike from it killed some of my strawberry nems that came on the lr but they are also making a comeback. I had brittle stars but havent seen any in weeks, but saw an asteria star a couple days ago so they are still around!!! I got most of the bubble algae off my lr but one piece has a ton of hair algae as well as some that looks like feathers almost, both of which are growing, even under my stock light. I have a few tiny critters that i need to figure out what they are, but this tank still fascinates me every day as i find some one or something new in it!!!
If you still wanted to use it you could soak it in a bucket with power head and heat and when the ammo has gone down then you could add it to the tank. Glad things are going well! As for your Conch, wow is all i can say.Do you have any pics?

The tank (female is visible, The Monster is in the bottom left)
img_2742247_0_cfa008193923b28136d0844f287a97a4.jpg

The Monster
img_2742247_1_21e3b596128b9aebd14c509e26ceac10.jpg

img_2742247_2_99314f51f95fadb7a656850a4a3dfc73.jpg

Enjoying half of a silver side
img_2742247_3_11ae7b526ee8131c4ed6788c4ccac3ed.jpg

Hunting the silverside
img_2742247_4_530a7af09d77d7101ac40560ef279144.jpg

img_2742247_5_5fcc23462bc6d9fe76cfcca472a894ef.jpg

So while I was away a while ago my heated quit and I came home to a dead fish and a dying fish. I had the monster for another month or so before he passed. I now have a pair of angels in the tank and have given up on sw.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom