1st Reccomended Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to be ready for my first corals this week and need some oppinions as what to start out with first. I want brightly colored corals ,soft or hard. I currently have mushrooms and ready to move on up in the world. I've been waiting patiently and it's time.

Its gonna depend on the intensity of your lighting. In general, any of the Polyps and Mushrooms are good Corals to start with.

zoos....... and if you have enough lighting.... leathers are pretty hardy......

i agree, the zoos are a pretty hardy bunch if you have good lighting. Mine have been doing great, and started to spread after a few months. Plus they're a great bio-indicator - if something's not good/changing with your water quality, you'll find them not opening up or at least not as much.

Good luck!

I will have 3 250 watt mh and 440 of vho in a 150 so lighting should not be a problem. Thanks for the response.

With that lighting you should not have trouble keeping a lot of different corals. As mentioned, mushrooms and zoos are good starters. You can also look at some LPS corals like a torch or hammer.

Back
Top Bottom