I scaled it back a little
1. 300 gallon acrylic tank - 96" x 24" x 30" tall
2. Oak stand - 96" x 24" x 30" tall
3. Oak Canopy - 96" x 24" x 7" tall
4. 1 Euro-Reef RS180 24"h x 11" x 13 1/2"
5. Refugium/Sump - Custom build it to the largest possible
6. Lighting - Two retrofit 4' 2 - 250W 10K MH
with 2 - 110W VHO
7. Iwaki pump - WP-IKMD100RLT. Flow Rate @ 4' head: 2000GPH
8. Tunze Turbelle wave maker. Turbelle Stream TS21 6000. Come with two heads.
1. With this setup is the pump too big? I'm still very confused with choosing the right size pump and if I need more than one.
2. How big should the overflow tanks be? They have options like 6" x 6" or 6" x 8", square, rounded, etc.
3. Should I get four 4ft retrofit lights sets or is two enough?
4. Will this JBJ ATO system do the job? I'm assuming that I need another tank with water.
5. What about reverse osmosis system? Where does this go in the picture and is it needed for the ATO tank?
6. Can I just run another water line directly to one of the tanks?
Originally Posted by austinsdad
PIC below is without the FW
P.S. why 2 skimmers? Check out the Aqua C EV series skimmers. Loving mine with the collection cup.
Do you have pics of your system including the FW
reservoir? I'm still trying to figure out where do the equipment go and in what order.
I had two skimmers because the Euro-Reef RC500 model was 30" and the stand was 30" so it wouldn't fit. So I decided to use two smaller models. But I heard that just the 24" RS180 would do fine. I want to stay with the Euro-Reef brand because I heard it was good.