Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-09-2004, 02:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Thats what I am doing. I am going with a FOWLR for now, but I am purchasing fish and equipment with the Reef Idea in mind.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to glasstapper
a heater, a filter or filter system and lites that will not cost a ton like a FWset up only with SW
heater Lites? pumping sys.?

Not to sure what you mean by this...

" my father said, son, life is simple. It's either cherry red, or midnight blue '
glasstapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
From the replies, it sounds like I will need a home equity loan to startup a 75G tank.
~ Czar Casimir ~
Casimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Before you go and purchase anything, You should take a look into the future and decide what you plan on keeping in your tank. Buying from the web is cheaper but watch the S&H charge it can wind up being more expensive. If you plan on keeping acropora's and clams I would suggest you start with at least 2 - 250 watt MH and either PC or VHO lighting. The sump with either a refugium combo or refugium sperate and deep sand bed works well. Does your tank have a built in overflow if not consider getting it drilled and install an in tank overflow rather then a hang on overflow. Also in keeping a Reef tank there is nothing cheap, that only winds up costing more in the long run. As Rocket said research, research and more research it can only help.

75 gal. Reef & 30 gal. Anemone Tanks.

I get paid for what I may have to do, Not for what I do!
EMS503 is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com