Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2004, 08:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

1st Test Results

So I ran out today and bought my test kit. It's the Salt Water Master Liquid Test Kit by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Here are my levels. Keep in mind, just put the LR in on Saturday.

NH3: 2.0
NO3: 10
NO2: 5
pH: 7.8 (I took a bunch of water out Sat for the rock and replaced it with Tap water. I bought Seachem Marine Buffer at my LFS to help maintain the pH. I just added another dose to the water after my test. In about an hour it should be back up to 8.3)
Specific Gravity: 1.023
Salinity: 31

Do these results look normal for where I am in the cycle? I don't want to rush things, but I can't wait for my cycle to be finished so I can add my fishes

TIA

Wes

75 gal SW tank, Eheim 2215 Filter, 45lb Figi Premium LR, 2 Maxi-Jet Powerhead/Pump Model 900

5 Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crabs, 5 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, 3 Emerald Mithrax Crabs, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Fire Shrimp, 10 Cerith Snails, 10 Nassarius Snails, 6 Bumble Bee Snails, 16 Turbo Snails, 1 Brittle Sea Star

Yellow-tailed Blue Damsel, Foxface Lo, Coral Beauty Angelfish, Sailfin Tang, Scooter Blenny
AirRazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, all looks about right to me.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks, Atari.

Just ran another pH test. Yup, 8.2...right on the money! I guess with anything, there is the potential for "over testing"

75 gal SW tank, Eheim 2215 Filter, 45lb Figi Premium LR, 2 Maxi-Jet Powerhead/Pump Model 900

5 Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crabs, 5 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, 3 Emerald Mithrax Crabs, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Fire Shrimp, 10 Cerith Snails, 10 Nassarius Snails, 6 Bumble Bee Snails, 16 Turbo Snails, 1 Brittle Sea Star

Yellow-tailed Blue Damsel, Foxface Lo, Coral Beauty Angelfish, Sailfin Tang, Scooter Blenny
Old 09-08-2004, 06:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What are your plans for stocking the tank?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

I want a FOWLR tank. Thats all that I know for right now. I know that I want the following:

BTA w/Maroon Clown
Red Scooter Blenny
Coral Banded Shrimp
Some snails, maybe a starfish
Really like Snowflake eels too

Would like a Purple Tang (but they are pretty expensive)

The thing is most of the fish that I see in the store that I want, are more agressive than what I have listed above. I didn't think that I wanted to start out with an agressive tank.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Can eels live with shrimp and snails?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't know....anyone else know.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Just looked up the snowfalke. Says can be housed with some anenomes and coral but no crustaceans. Or any fish that can fit into its mouth. I'd imagine the same would apply for any of the eels.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Most of the agressive fish that I have seen have that caveat....if it can fit in it's mouth, it will eat it. Kind of a fear I have about getting a Lionfish. I don't want to go to bed with 6 fish and wake up with a really fat and happy lion . I know they wouldn't eat them all at once.

Old 09-09-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think for that reason it's important to make the decision about agressive/community tank from the outset. IMO it's not a good idea to mix the two.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test, test results

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com