2.5 Gallon Saltwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabcake

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 2.5 gallon tank and I'm planning on putting saltwater fish or inverts in it. What's the best filter? What light should I use? Submersible or hood lights? What Substrate? Live Rock? Anenome? Stocking? What Substrate? :blink:I basically need almost all the info on setting up a saltwater. Thanks? :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Sadly, such a small tank will only allow for a couple of inverts. Most saltwater fish need large amounts of room to survive and thrive. This will also take out the anemone, which are very sensitive inverts and need intense lighting and pristine water conditions to simply survive.
If you are wanting to start up a saltwater tank, you will want to look into starting with something around 20 gallons so you can have some basic stocking.
You will want 1 lbs per gallon of both rock and sand to support the livestock you will want to keep.

Yes indeed too small, you certainly need a bigger tank. I use a 2.5 gal as my hospital tank only!

Back
Top Bottom