2 750gph powerheads in a 37 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That'll put you around 40x turn over without your return/hob filter .. after considering your filtration you may be closer to 50x turn over. For saltwater a good rule of thumb is fowlr-10x or more, softy dominant tank-30x, lps/mixed reef 40x, and sps dominant tank 50x. These numbers aren't set in stone but a good place to start. Every setup is different and will have different needs.

Okay thanks! But is it too much circulation for a fowlr 37 gallon tank?

Right now I have a yellowtail damsel, will be getting rid of him in about 2 months because that's when I'll be getting new fish. I don't want the damsel biting the new fish I want to get. I have a coral banded shrimp. I'd like to get 2 clown fish (oscellaris), royal gramma and maybe another one

That's a bit high and unnecessary. Have you considered putting them on alternating currents like every 15 seconds for a more natural flow and only 20x turnover at any given time.

With it being 12"high you will def have serious water movement. It up to you on how much flow you want.you rocks will divert some of the flow.

Ahaha not 12 inches high silly! 12 inches deep hahaha, and I haven't gotten the powerheads yet, and not really, I don't really have a hi-tech setup lol. 2 550gph should be good then? Im planning on putting 1 powerhead on top of the water and one closer to the middle on opposite ends

Also I have a 250gph powerhead, where should I put it when I get the 2 550s?

Yeah I think you would be happier with the two 550. I have a 36 bowfront and the 700 does fine.gets frustrating trying to get them set especially with corals to much flow not enough etc......that's deep lol

Got any suggestions for lighting? I got crappy lighting right now, it's the double light bright LEDs

in my 37 bow front

I run 3 500gph heads

and 1 250 gph head

there positioned as follows :

top left side front length wise 500gph downwards slightly

top right side rear facing out 500gph downwards slightly

top center facing out 500gph straight out

bottom right behind rock length wise 250gph upwards slightly

I have absolutely no dead spots and seems everything strives with the flow

no complaints from live stock or corals or me for that matter :D:D(y)

img_2191716_0_7fffeb7daf9bb58c1bfadcef60421ebd.jpg

I've got 4 Hydor 425's plus the two factory return pumps in my 28 nano. The two in the bottom corners run full time, aimed a little bit inward toward the bottom of the rock work so there's no dead spots within the caves. The two at mid-level alternate on 2 minute cycles for good indirect cross current on the SPS (aimed straight forward into the curved glass), and the two returns run full time (266gph rated each).... that gives me 1807gph (64x) movement. Secret is getting everything positioned correctly so that the corals low front, primarily 'shrooms, aren't getting blown away. Just takes some playing around.....

Attachments

• photo41.JPG
    photo41.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom