2 clown and then what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgensmind

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 clown fish some hermits and snails. I recently had an aero crab death and I've gotten advice that it's probably I didn't feed it right or old age. I've also been given the advice that phytoplankton and shrimp pellets is not enough for these guyz. Is this true? I'm not sure what I'm realistically supposed to be feeding them..I'm afraid to over feed as I already have quite a few bristleworms and I over feed everything including my family. I saw on a web site that I'm supposed to feed them fresh seafood and vegetables? Ok, I supposed to go and buy a piece of a squid/fish/clam and feed this to them? What kind of vegis? I need something somewhat easy.. If I buy some seafood, can I freeze it to keep it?

I also have some TetraMin tropical flakes that came with my tank, but I wasn't sure if it was for freshwater fish or what? Please tell if I can feed some of this to my saltwater clowns?

Thank you for your advice in advance...

Oh, and I want to add some stuff but I'm not sure what. I have a 29 gallon tank, 52 lbs of live rock a protein skimmer, etc. Would an anemone eat the same things? What about other compatible fish?

Toss those flakes. They are no good for SW fish IMO. There are frozen foods, both vegetable and meat soaked in garlic and zoe (fish vitamin) I prefer using. Pellets are good too as they come in meat and veggie varieties. I use Formula One and Two frozen foods mixed with frozen brine and mysis shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom