2 tangs in a 125?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm going from a 29 biocube to a 125. I have 2 clowns and a royal gramma as of right now. I'm just starting to think about a stock list and my girl mentioned a yellow tang and a powder blue tang. If I got them both small (about an inch and a half) and put them in together, you think it's possible? I'm really trying to avoid all problems with this tank. I would like to put a flame angel and a Mandarin fish in way later. I also like the bi color blenny or lawnmower blenny, 6 line wrasse, and some small gobys. Is this too much? Or can I put in some chromis or some kind of other small fish too?

I would suggest only one tang, the yellow. Blue tangs get much larger and need more space. Tangs also tend to be aggressive towards other tangs so you need to have lots of space for territories. As far as the other fish you should be good, just remember the mandarin needs a large pod population to feed on.

Im not talking about the blue tang (Paracanthurus hepatus), Im talking about the powder blue tang (Acanthurus leucosternon). The The mandarin will be the last fish I add, I'm thinking a good 10-12 months.

you can have more then 1 tang in a 125 as long as they are from different families so a yellow and powder blue would be fine together

Im really just trying to avoid as many problems as possible. I've had my fair share of ich and other problems. I would like this tank to go smooth.

i have the same size tank and have 1 yellow 1 scopas 1 blond naso, and 1 lieutenant tang all very healthy and getting along

I hear ya on warming things to go smooth, doesn't always happen. I just nuked half my fish and 80% of my corals by adding used sand to my new refugium. You could probably get away with 2 smaller tangs, I know yellows are a smaller one but I am unfamiliar with the powder blue, hence my mix up previously.

How long has the tank been up? Ive herd if you have more then one eventually one or more will go rouge.

I hear ya on warming things to go smooth, doesn't always happen. I just nuked half my fish and 80% of my corals by adding used sand to my new refugium. You could probably get away with 2 smaller tangs, I know yellows are a smaller one but I am unfamiliar with the powder blue, hence my mix up previously.

I would be PISSED. what happened?

looking at some of your tangs, theyll for sure outgrow your tank. the naso will be over a foot and a half full grown! How big are your fish right now?

naso is 6" lieutenant is 8" yellow and scopas are 3" most fish don't reach there max size in aquariums. did my research and all should be fine in the tank

I would be PISSED. what happened?

Put my old sand from my 55 in my refugium thinking I cleaned it well. Apparently I didn't, lost 80% of coral and half my fish. I was so mad at myself but oh we'll lesson learned, more room for new higher end stuff ;-)

Back
Top Bottom