Originally Posted by briemol12
You don't understand what I am saying. Every time I post something it's always negative feedback.
Instead of answering the question or ask questions about my questions they just go around the bush. But I really appreciate your feedback. I really don't know how to start this tank. It's a puzzle for me.
I don't see negative feedback anywhere. Incorrect information was supplied and then corrected. Theres absolutely nothing negative about that. Its a learning process, thats how people grow as aquarists.
As to your original question,
1. 1lb or so of rock per gallon
2. Use a refractometer over a hydrometer
3. Use ro
water (when I had a 20g I was using distilled)
4. Fishless cycling works the same way in salt as it does fresh
5. Refugiums are a godsend. I would highly suggest one. Just be sure to drill the tank rather than use a hob
6. If you want a reef then don't use api test kits for calcium and alkalinity.
7. Also if you want a reef you need very powerful lights. Taotronics are a good brand and will run you $100 or so. Make sure it's dimmable .