20 gal long stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Iceman

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i picked up a free 20 gallon long tank and have it set up and running. while its cycling i thought id get some ideas for stocking it.It will be a FOWLR and live sand. I have gotten the 20 gal is it was free and im on a tight budget. This is my first saltwater tank but ive been reading up on AA for a few months trying to get all the info i can. I also have freshwater tanks so im not completely a newbie to aquariums. If anyone has any ideas for stocking i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you i will be sure to do that. also how much live sand and live rock would be good to put in? i was thinking 30lbs of sand and around 15lbs or rock

I had about 30 lbs of sand in my 20L and it gave me a nice 2" sand bed which is what I wanted since I was going to get a goby/pistol shrimp pair. I would go up on the amount of rock to at least 20 lbs. I think the normal rule is 1 lb or rock per gallon.

i have 25 lbs of black sand in my 20 long and i have a pistol shrimp goby pair and 3 sand sifting snails that bury themselves. At first i loved it, but now i wish i got more. The way the sand is now with all the creatures moving it, is not level. At the far left and far right is the lowest, maybe an inch or more. In the middle its like 5+ inches high because the stupid pistol shrimp keeps building mountains in front of his burrow. I cant get him to stop so i gave him.

Cool, i appreciate the input. im gonna have about 32lbs of sand cuz the sand i like comes in 16lb bags, and earlier today i found out that the office manager where i work told me his little brother works at prob the best lfs in my area. hoping to get a good deal on live rock

Back
Top Bottom