20 gal question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure I've ever seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think a possible option would be Juwel Aquariums but I'm unsure if they are available in North America.

Another option is tanking the tank to a reputable glass shop and having them drill the tank for you. Just be sure it is not drilled on the bottom pane as they are almost always tempered glass and will shatter when drilled.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Not sure I've ever seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think a possible option would be Juwel Aquariums but I'm unsure if they are available in North America.

Another option is tanking the tank to a reputable glass shop and having them drill the tank for you. Just be sure it is not drilled on the bottom pane as they are almost always tempered glass and will shatter when drilled.

Cheers
Steve

way off topic but neat anyways. at my local glass blowing shop the guy there took hot liquid glass and dropped it into a cmntainer of water thus making it super tempered becasue it went back to room temperature quickly and didn't have time to slowly cool. super tempered glass is hard to break but when you do it exploads. he wrapped the little glass blob in a towel and broke a tiny little hair sized strand of it at the end. the whole thing exploaded and sounded like a gun going off. all that was left was glass sand in the rag. :D :D :D

I have several old 20 longs that are drilled in the bottom. I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that many tanks under 55gal did not have tempered glass...even on the bottom. I'm pretty sure you'd be OK having it drilled in the back though.

Alot of tanks with tempered bottoms actually have the word "Tempered" etched into the bottom pane. But just because it doesn't say it doesn't mean it isn't.

All of the tanks that I have seen have a tag stuck between the glass and the plastic frame that says tempered.

Back
Top Bottom