20 gal stock and cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
i bought a 20 gal today and will begin to cycle any day
supposedley there is this product online that cuts cycling time in half, any1 know what it is called
stocking
2 ocelarris
1 coral bueaty
1 lemonpeel
1 dottyback

I wouldn't put two Dwarf Angels in a 20g. I would just go with one. :) if you subtract one Angel, you should probably be ok. You would just have to keep up with PWCs. And as always, add that Dottyback last, lol. Congrats on the new tank!

would the 2 angels fight or would it just be tight
thanks

Angelfish are aggressive and would fight each other. I would add only the coral beauty out of the 2. And I would not trust any products that reduce cycling times. Buying quality cured live rock cuts cycling time.

which angel is less agressive, would they hurt the other fish, could they co exist

what is the likleyhood of that
which 1 is less likley 2 nip at corals

not that i dont trust slitherbomb but does anyone else have an opinion on the angels

You cannot have 2 angels in the same tank, they will fight. especially in a 20g tank. You have way too many fish listed. It's not just the amount of fish it's the size of them and swim room.

To be honest, in my opinion, nope. I wouldn't put even a pygmy angel in a 20g.

20g's are good for clowns and gobies and blennies and firefish. :)

You can have 4-5 small fish if you stock right. But no tangs or angels or butterflys or anything like that. :)

but why wouldnt a dwarf angel work, could it work, what could be some problems

The issue will be you probably have a 24" long tank. Each clown is gonna get to 2.5 inches or more. Right there you have five inches of fish swimming around in a 2 foot space. Add an angel at maybe 5 more inches and theres just no room for them. The angel will also nip corals most likely.

its a 20 long (30 in) does that change the angel and stocking situation

If you must have one then it's better. But not by a whole lot lol.

Do your angel, and your clowns and then pick a nice bottom dweller like a goby. Maybe a goby and shrimp pair. Then you can add other shrimp and inverts too.

Im sorry if im annoying... my plan is as follows...can i get more.. do i have to get rid of fish or am i at the peak
2 ocelarris
1 coral bueaty
! dottyback
2-4 peppermint shrimp
5-10 hermits
a few snails
1 brittle star
maybe a lobster down the road

That stocking could work if you do your rock scaping nicely. Arrange the rocks so there is still a lot of swimming room.

Back
Top Bottom