20 gallon tall start up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought gobies have trouble staying together? In that case that is what i will probably do then.

Some do, some don't. I would say you are fine since clown gobies stay towards the top where they can perch on coral or rock, and the watchman stays near the sand. Shouldn't have a problem anyway if they do cross paths though.

Hey Etunes, don't know if your still looking for a paired shrimp goby, but i know that bluezooaquatics.com sells them in pairs. I've ordered ALOT from them and they ship fast, and all of the animals came alive and perfectly healthy so i give them 5 stars. You should check them out.

Also, that sounds like a great little list you have there. Those fish should do nicely in that tank. Just as a side note, if you see your ocellaris fighting, and i mean like really fighting turn the lights off for a bit. It's like a time out for them and they will stop fighting. Do it enough times and they will stop fighting completely. Mine used to fight to the point where some fins were getting a little shredded. I found out and i started to turn the lights out everytime the fighting picked up. Within two days of turning the lights off when they started fighting, they stopped fighting completely and i never had a problem with them since. You could also try throwing some food in there.. but that only gets there attentions for a little while.

Zer0, your back. Nice to see you buddy. Got any tanks still? Thanks for the advice buddy.

Thanks for the welcoming back. And well.. no. :( No tanks for me at the moment. But when my school semester comes to a close, i fully intend to start up another SW tank. This time a smaller one, and i plan to make it exactly to my liking. Unlike the last gigantic 55G that i had :< I think it was the fact that i had too much room in the tank haha. Anyways, i'm glad your finally taking the SW plunge! I've seen a few of your posts round here saying you were going to start up sooner or later. And now you are! :) Good luck! And i plan to tag along for the ride.

Thanks, what did you do with the 55g. I wanted to start small because of price. Glad to see your sticken around.

Ok, question time. What do you think i should do for current? Remember i want corals.

Well, thom would know more about current in a 20G tall.. but i think 2 koralia nanos or 2 koralia 1's would be sufficient for current.

Well, i sold the 55G... and kept the 10G. So that's most likely going to be the next SW tank if i can't find a nicer tank for cheap(round 20-30$). I'm also going small because of price lol. Couldn't afford to keep the 55G running on my non-existent salary. However, i like nanos more than i do the larger tanks.. so yeah the 55G would have never worked out for me in the long run. I will however admit that when i get older and i have my own place with a stable job, i will most likely buy a large tank(over 100G).

2 Koralia nanos would put you in the recommended 20x-30x turnover per hour. I went with 2 koralia 1s as they were sold out of the nano size, and they are fine as long as you point them more towards the water surface so you lose a bit of flow which in turn helps keep the water oxygenated.

Back
Top Bottom